What are the health benefits of lifting weights?
Weight lifting or as you may have heard it by its other name, resistance training, has a lots of other benefits to it other than simply getting bigger muscles.
It is absolutely one of the best forms of exercise from a health perspective, often these benefits can be overlooked in favour of improving appearance.
So what are the benefits?
• The simplest benefit is that it gets you moving more.
• You will burn a nice amount of calories lifting weights, this will help with weight loss.
• It's great for the prevention of osteoporosis and helps strengthen bones and connective tissues, such as tendons and ligaments.
• It will make you more robust and injury resistant
• As with all training it's a great way to destress and has been linked to decreases in depression and anxiety.
• It will improve sports performance.
• Training should be fun and will improve mood.
As you can see, including some form of weight training in your week, cannot be recommended enough.